Search This Blog

Oct 31, 2011

Cowboy Casserole






Cowboy Casserole

I am on a mission to find a casserole that I really like.
I found this recipe on pinterest and made it. My husband liked it, mostly because it's a meat and potatoes kind of dish. 
I think it's so so, but it was quick and easy and I made it the night before and let it set in the fridge and then just put it in the oven after church.
To make you will need:
1 ½ pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup milk
4 Tbsp sour cream
1 bag frozen tater tots

Before I make this, I let the crispy crown tater tots sit out for about an hour to defrost.

In a large skillet, cook onion under tender. 
Add chopped garlic & cook 1 more minute.
 Add beef & cook over medium heat until cooked through. 
Drain mixture, put in bowl & set aside.

In small bowl, combine soup, milk, & sour cream. 
Whisk until smooth and then add to hamburger mixture & stir to combine.
 Add corn & 1 cup of cheese. Gently mix.

Grease 9X13  baking dish and layer half of the tater tots on bottom.
 Pour the hamburger mixture over top and then layer with other half of tater tots. 


Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.

You can even prepare it the night before & stick it in the fridge. 
Just take it out for about 45 minutes to reach room temp before throwing it in oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment