Search This Blog

Oct 10, 2011

Easy Rigatoni Casserole


Easy Rigatoni Casserole

This was such a quick, easy recipe for dinner. I liked everything, but I am not a huge fan of Italian Sausage, so next time I think I will just use hamburger meat instead. Other than that, it was great.

1 lb. Italian Sausage ( I used mild)
1 box Rigatoni pasta
1 24 oz. jar Marinara Sauce (I used Mario Batali)
8-10 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
4 cloves or garlic, minced
3 Basil leaves, torn into small pieces ( i doubled this)
Kosher Salt to tast

1. Cook pasta until el dente. Strain then pour into a large bowl. Add cooked Italian Sausage, cheese, and as much marinara as you would like! Stir.

2. Add Basil leaves, Garlic, and a teaspoon of Kosher salt. Stir well.

3. Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 glass dish, then top with more cheese or marinara if you would like!

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

 If the top starts to brown too quickly, cover with foil

No comments:

Post a Comment