Search This Blog

Jan 27, 2014

Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies


Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies


I make chocolate chip cookies ALL.THE.TIME. but I just haven't found that PERFECT recipe that makes a soft, chewy one that is beautiful looking as well. One of my friends recently asked me which chocolate chip cookie recipe I could recommend and I knew that I would tell her about the amazing Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies, but she was looking for a pretty cookie. I knew that although those cookies were TO DIE FOR in taste, they were super flat and not too appealing to look at. So I hunted down to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe and I have found it!
The secret ingredient is cream cheese and I wasn't sure if I was going to like the cookies or not because I am NOT a cream cheese fa, BUT you don't even taste it.
Here the amazing recipe:

You will need:
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp.
1/4 cup cream cheese, room temp.
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

To Make:

In a bowl add the dry ingredients, which are flour, salt, and baking soda.
Then get out your mixer and add butter, cream cheese, sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla for 2 minutes. Add each egg one at a time and continue to mix.  Then add the dry mixture and after that is well incorporated, then add in the chocolate chips and mix by hand.

Cover the whole bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for a 2 hours up to 3 days. 

To bake preheat oven to 375 F and line baking sheet with cooking spray, parchment paper, or a nonstick mat.

Add 2-3 Tbsp dough and space them a few inches apart.

Bake for 9-11  minutes and cool on a wire rack.






No comments:

Post a Comment