Search This Blog

Feb 13, 2014

My FAVORITE salad


My FAVORITE salad

This is my absolute favorite salad to make.
It is my go to when I need to bring something to a 
dinner party and it is always a huge hit.

Ingredients:

Salad
Spring mix blend salad
3 hard boiled eggs
½-3/4 bag of apple chips, I used Seneca brand
½ cup sliced almonds
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tomato, diced

Dressing
½ tsp salt
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ tsp dried parsley
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp vinegar


{This is the brand of apple chips that I use.}


To make the almonds,
in a skillet pan on medium heat,
cook almonds & sugar until dissolved
 (be VERY careful because this will easily burn).
Stir constantly!
 Cool on wax paper.

Then make up the dressing. Add salt, vegetable oil, parsley, sugar, and vinegar to a small bowl and whisk.
Place it in refrigerator to chill until ready to use.

Then dice up the hard boiled eggs & tomato.
Mix everything together and then sprinkle the apple chips on top.
Be careful to not add the dressing until right when you’re ready to serve so that the chips don’t get soggy.







No comments:

Post a Comment